A positive and uplifting atmosphere can set the tone for a resident’s well-being. The Pointe at Pontiac employs outgoing and friendly professional staff to create social programs and activities. Our Activity Program is designed to fit the needs of our current resident’s interests and goals as well as cater to their physical, mental, spiritual, and sociological needs.
Each resident is given a Monthly Newsletter and Calendar to help keep them informed of upcoming events such as birthday parties, movies, musical programs, outings, and other special events. Residents also have access to an in-house TV Channel (3) that is updated on a daily basis with activities, menu, staff on duty, and other fun and informational slides. Residents are also often greeted with a personal invite to activities and events from our caring staff. Friends and family are always welcome to visit and attend our special events.
Download a pdf of our March activity calendar.
Download a pdf of our March newsletter.
Specific activities include:
- Sit & Be Fit (This fitness program includes stretching, weight training, resentence training, and meditation. This program is tailored to each resident that attends.)
- Inclusive Worship Services
- Weekly Communion
- Monthly Rosary Group
- Book Club
- Weekly Movie Matinee (including cultural and award-winning films)
- Bingo Offered Two Times a Week
- Live Entertainment
- Interactive Game Shows
- Active Wii Bowling League
- Art Program
- Weekly Shopping Trips
- Weekly Library Shuttle
- Lunch Outings to Local (and sometimes, distant) Restaurants
- Day Trips and Fun Excursions
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Engaging Social Opportunities
- Active Resident Council